The Maltese is a small-sized toy dog native to the Mediterranean island, Malta. They were used as ratters on ships. These dogs originated around the 6th century from Spitz-type breeds. Dog breeds from Malta, Maltese is a playful, docile and intelligent breed.
They are great companions, therapy dogs and excels in dog sports like agility, obedience, rally and tracking. It requires moderate exercise and activities for mental and physical stimulation, fine high grooming and are well suited for apartment life also. Maltese has silky long-haired coats of white shades, curled bushy tail and are compactly built. It has a longevity of 12-15 years and is prone to patellar luxation, White Dog Shaker Syndrome and progressive retinal atrophy.
Pharaoh Hound is a sighthound breed. Dog breeds from Malta were used for hunting rabbits. It is intelligent, sociable and active by nature . They are similar to the Cirneco dell’Etna and are one of the oldest domesticated dog breeds. Developed in 3000 BC, this coursing dog is a good companion having a strong prey drive.
Pharaoh Hound requires daily exercise, proper training and early socialisation. They are easy to groom and are suited for homes having yards. This medium-sized dog has short-haired coats of red or fawn shades, flesh coloured nose, large erect ears and features an athletic frame. It has a lifespan of 11-14 years and are not prone to any serious health problems.
- Unveiling the Charm of Cavatons: Everything Dog Parents Need to Know
- The Perfect Mix: Unleashing the Unique Qualities of the Doberman Poodle Mix 🐶
- Discover the Hottest Hybrid Dogs in Town: A Complete Listicle for Dog Lovers
- Olde English Bulldogges: Discover the Ultimate Family Guardian and Gentle Giant
- Discover the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog: A Perfect Blend of Beauty and Bravery