Coton de Tulear
Coton de Tulear or Cotie Madagascar dog breed is a small-sized companion dog native to Madagascar. They are the national dog of Madagascar and were used as ratters on the pirate ships. Developed around the 1700’s, the Cotie is related to the Bichon Frise and Maltese. Coton de Tulear is a playful, vocal and intelligent breed.
They are great family companions and require an active lifestyle filled with exercise and activities. It needs high grooming maintenance and is adaptable. Cotie has medium to long-haired coats of white with tan or black markings, bushy tail and presents a compact build. They have a lifespan of 14-16 years and are prone to hip-dysplasia, patellar luxation and progressive retinal atrophy.
- 🇲🇦 Dog breeds from Morocco: Dogs From Kingdom of the West
- 🐪 Middle East dog breeds: Dog Breeds From Persian Gulf
- 🇲🇽 Mexican Dog Breeds: Two Dogs From Mexican Republic
- 🇲🇹 Dog breeds from Malta | Two Dog Breeds from Malta Island
- 🇲🇾 dog breed in Malaysia | Dog Breeds from Land Below The Wind