Coton de Tulear
Coton de Tulear or Cotie Madagascar dog breed is a small-sized companion dog native to Madagascar. They are the national dog of Madagascar and were used as ratters on the pirate ships. Developed around the 1700’s, the Cotie is related to the Bichon Frise and Maltese. Coton de Tulear is a playful, vocal and intelligent breed.
They are great family companions and require an active lifestyle filled with exercise and activities. It needs high grooming maintenance and is adaptable. Cotie has medium to long-haired coats of white with tan or black markings, bushy tail and presents a compact build. They have a lifespan of 14-16 years and are prone to hip-dysplasia, patellar luxation and progressive retinal atrophy.
- The Bull Arab Dog Breed: A Complete Overview and Expert Insights
- Small Hypoallergenic Dog Breeds: Find Your Ideal Pup 🐶
- Small Dog Breeds: Find Your Perfect Petite Pooch Today
- Affen Tzu – Your Guide to the Adorable Affenpinscher Shih Tzu Mix
- The Goldendoodle: The Ultimate Guide to this Adorable Hybrid Breed